A Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certified property, the Joseph Vance Building has been recognized by AIA Seattle, the National Trust for Historic Preservation and the Urban Land Institute as a model of green historic office retrofits.
We believe green building means more than incorporating energy efficient features into our plans. It means comprehensive, integrated capital improvements that enhance tenant experience, green management practices that include the use of environmentally-friendly cleaning products, and a collaborative management spirit that encourages community involvement.
Green By Design
- Green finishes and systems for better indoor air quality
- Large operable windows and open floor plans that maximize natural light, help tenants control their thermal comfort and minimize turnover waste
- Beautifully renovated lobby that preserves natural light and air quality while enhancing Vance’s historic detail
- Lighting retrofits and steam retro-commissioning to improve building efficiency and reduce occupancy costs for tenants
- Preservation of historic terra cotta façade to improve insulation
- Bike storage and shower facilities to encourage carbon-free commuting
- Responsive on-site management team and 24/7 emergency service
- Green cleaning and integrated pest management to improve air quality and tenant health
- Green tenant improvement standards and tenant manuals to maximize tenant experience and minimize environmental impacts
- Tenant/management “charettes” to promote feedback and improve communication
- Web-based utility dashboard to track energy and water consumption